The most widely used build tool for Java projects,
Ant is crossplatform, extensible, simple and fast.
It scales from small personal projects to large,
multi-team J2EE projects. And, most important,
it's easy to learn.
Java Development with Ant, systematically covers
the basics and then explores powerful and creative
uses for Ant. It steps through everything you
need to know to compile, test, package and deploy
an application. It then gently guides you through
the maze of more complex situations common in
larger projects such as enterprise Java applications
and Web Services.
- Ant's datatypes and property handling
- JUnit testing and reporting
- Continues integration techniques
- XDoclet for attribute-oriented programming
- EJB-generation, building and packaging
- Writing and testing native code
- Building Web Services with Apache Axis
- Deploying your system to multiple remote servers
- Using and writing: Loggers, Listeners, Selectors, Custom
tasks and FilterReaders.